NOW HIRING: Part-time Cashier.
Reports to: Front End Manager
Summary: To handle the sales of goods to customers in a friendly, efficient and accurate manner. To receive deliveries, stock shelves and maintain cleanliness of the co-op.
Status: Part-time, 16 – 24 hrs/wk
Starting compensation: $10 – 11/hr
• Operate cash register and process purchases promptly and accurately, using bar codes, PLU or item descriptions for produce and bulk items.
• Process customer payments accurately and efficiently, make change and issue receipts to customers.
• Explain membership benefits to non-members.
• Call for back-up as needed to minimize wait time for customers.
• Bag purchases as needed.
• Become familiar with co-op policies and products to answer customer questions.
• Check in and stock deliveries quickly and efficiently, according to store policy. Label items with internally-generated bar codes.
• Answer phone calls and take messages as needed.
• Alert management of emergencies.
• Keep register area clean and orderly.
• When not attending customers, stocking and facing all departments.
• Dependability: Punctual to shifts and meetings, meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability.
• Adaptability: Adapts to change, open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Communication: Communicates well verbally and in writing, shares information with others, listens attentively to others, asks questions, stays open to other viewpoints, manages distractions.
• Customer focus: Always available for customers, understands products and services, maintains professional appearance, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems.
• Integrity: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, supports cooperative values.
• Productivity: Prioritizes well, meets deadlines, manages time well.
• Teamwork: Listens to others and values opinions, welcomes newcomers and promotes team atmosphere, solicits feedback.
• Ability to lift 40+ pounds
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to stand, bend, reach and lift repeatedly for extended periods of time
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to changing needs of business
• Knowledge and/or demonstrated interest in natural foods and the principles of cooperatives
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.