Author: Ashley Ritter
This meal is great for having guests over for a special dinner.
Total cost: $16
Cost per person: $4
- 1 lb - Ground pork
- 1/4 cup - Raw pepitas
- 2 large - Sweet potatoes, washed
- 3 tbsp - Curry powder
- 1/2 cup - Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp - Butter
- 1/2 bunch - Sage, roughly chopped
- 1/4 lb - Arugula
- 1 loaf - Crumb Cheddar Boule
Preheat oven to 350 F
- Either place sweet potatoes on a rack, wrap them in foil, or pierce with a knife and place them in a baking dish with a little bit of water. Bake 30 mins.
- Sautee pork till mostly cooked. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tbsp curry to the meat. Allow curry and brown sugar to create a sauce. Add chopped sage.
- Peel sweet potatoes to the meat. Add remaning brown sugar and and curry to the mix.
- Toss pepitas in 1 tbsp melted butter, brown sugar and 1 tsp curry powder. Toast pepitas in the oven for 5-7 mins.
- Warm cheddar boule in the oven for a few minutes. Slice bread and plate your dish with a bed of arugula first, layering curried pork on top. Sprinkle with toasted pepitas.
dinner, winter, autumn, fall, greens, seasonalBack to Recipes