Author: Ashley Ritter
Total cost: $12
Cost per person: $2
While the weather is warming up, the nights can still be a bit cool. This soup is just the thing for a cool spring evening.
- 3 tbsp - olive oil
- 2 leeks - white portion, chopped
- 1 clove - garlic
- 1 lb - lentils (green or brown)
- 2 stalks - celery
- 4 cups - water
- 1 sprig - fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig - fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig - fresh oregano
- 2 bay - leaves
- Sweat leeks and garlic in soup pan over low heat with olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add stock, water, chopped herbs and celery. Simmer with lid on for 20 minutes.
- Add lentils. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
healthy, vegetables, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, nutritiousBack to Recipes