Author: Ashley Ritter
Total cost: $14
Cost per person: $3.50
On a recent trip to a friend's house, I stumbled on the secret to delicious stir fry: oyster sauce! Keep in mind, if you're staying away from preservatives, it can be hard to find a preservative-free ouster sauce. Be sure to check the ingredients to ensure it's the right sauce for you!
- 1 block - tofu, thin sliced
- 3/4 cup - oyster sauce
- 1 cup - cooking sherry
- 1 cup - carrots, julienned
- 1 cup - red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup - peas, shelled or frozen (can use snap peas whole)
- 2 cloves - garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp - olive oil
- 6 oz - rice noodles
- 1 tbsp - rice vinegar
- 1 bunch - cilantro
- 4 small - green onions, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lime - cut into wedges
- Mix sherry and oyster sauce together with 2 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan. Add 1/4 cup sherry mixture. Add tofu and cook over medium high until browned. Set aside.
- In another pan, combine olive oil and remaining sherry mixture. Add all veggies except green onion. Saute until tender (about 10 minutes)
- In a separate pot, boil water and prepare rice noodles. Drain, set aside.
- Combine veggies and tofu in bowl and toss with rice vinegar. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with green onions, wedge of lime and cilantro as toppings.
healthy, vegetables, tofu, dinner, seasonalBack to Recipes