Author: Ashley Ritter
Sometimes at the end of summer, you want to hold onto the summer flavors just a little longer. This simple pasta dish can be that perfect transition to fall.
Total cost: $7
Cost per person: $1.75
- 1 bag - Thin pasta, Capellini or Angel Hair
- 1 14.5 oz can - Tomatoes
- 2 large - Tomatoes
- 2 sprigs - Fresh basil (about 6 leaves)
- 2 sprigs - Oregano
- 1/2 cup - Olive oil
- 3/4 cup - Balsamic vinegar
- Boil water with a little salt and cook noodles until al dente.
- Pour all tomatoes, 1/2 of the basil and oregano, 1/4 cup olive oil and all the balsamic vinegar into a pan. Simmer 15 mins.
- Add drained and rinsed noodles to tomato mixture.
- Add remaining olive oil and salt to tase. Top your dish with remaining basil and oregano.
vegetarian, seasonal, vegan, autumn, fall, summerBack to Recipes