Author: Jennifer Lynne Le Vine, modified from Upton's Naturals
What a great salad/lunch/dinner this dish is! An awesome way to mix up the amazing chorizo that Upton's Naturals makes. Feel free to use fresh corn or fresh black beans (already cooked of course) instead of from the can. The fresher the better! The roasted red pepper can also be substituted for whatever peppers tickle your fancy. I also like to throw in whatever herbs I have on hand.
- 1/2 lb. - orzo
- 1 8 oz. package - Upton's Chorizo-Style Seitan
- 1 10 oz. can - corn, drained
- 1 10 oz. can - black beans, drained
- 1 clove - garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. - roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium - shallot, chopped
- 2 tbs. - olive oil
- 1 tbs. - fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- coupl pinches - salt, pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
Step 1: To prepare the orzo, cook it in a 4-5 cups of boiling water, and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2: Sautee seitan chorizo with garlic, roasted red pepper, shallot, and 1 tbs. oil. When it begins to brown, add the corn and beans. Mix well and continue to cook for a minute or two.
Step 3: Remove from heat and mix with cooked orzo in a large bowl.
Step 4: Toss with 1 tbs. olive oil, cilantro, salt, pepper & crushed red pepper to taste. Can be served hot or chilled. Enjoy!
vegetarian, healthy, vegan, nutritious, soy-chorizo, yummy, warm, dinner, lunchBack to Recipes