Author: Jennifer Shoemaker
This winter salad is quick and easy to make, as well as friendly to the pocketbook. A hearty dish that is great as a side or main course.
- 2 cups - cooked wheat berries (kamut, spelt berries, farro, etc. can also be used)
- 2 cups - raw or blanched broccoli crowns
- 1 medium - apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small - red onion, diced
- 3 oz - feta cheese (or more!)
- 1/2 cup - toasted pecan halves (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup - cranberries (or golden raisins)
- 1/4 cup - balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup - olive oil
- 1/2 tsp - Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp - honey (use more honey for a sweeter vinaigrette)
- Toast pecans in skillet over medium high heat until fragrant, 2 - 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine wheat berries, broccoli, apple, red onion, feta cheese, cranberries, pecans and optional lentils.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix well. Use more or less vinaigrette to taste.
- Chill and serve.
vegetarian, healthy, vegetables, dinner, appetizer, seasonal, winterBack to Recipes