The Dill Pickle is a cooperative corporation incorporated in Illinois. Our owners annually elect three seats to a nine-seat board of directors to oversee the General Manager through policy governance.
2017-18 Board of Directors
The Dill Pickle Board of Directors currently meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month, 6-9pm in the admin office (basement) of the new store, 2746 N Milwaukee Ave. Meetings are open to all owners who wish to attend as observers. The first 10 minutes of the monthly agenda is open for owner questions and comments.
The November meeting will be held on Monday 11/27, 6-9pm to accommodate the Thanksgiving holiday.
- The Bylaws of the Dill Pickle Food Co-op set out the terms of co-op ownership, election and duties of the Board of Directors, duties of officers, duties of the General Manager, and meetings of the ownership. This document is set by the Board and changes are approved by a vote of the ownership.
- The Policy Register of the Dill Pickle Food Co-op describes the roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors, and the methods it uses to oversee the co-op. The Board uses the formal system of policy governance to establish a structure for its work.
- The Director Job description outlines qualifications and expectations for individual members of the Board.
- Election Committee: email@example.com
- Policy Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Committee: email@example.com