The Dill Pickle is a cooperative corporation incorporated in Illinois. Our owners annually elect three seats to a nine-seat board of directors to oversee the General Manager through the use of policy governance.
2017 Annual election now open!
Four seats are currently vacant, three full 3-year terms and one partial 1-year term, with nine qualified candidates on the ballot. There are no bylaw amendments or referendums on this year's ballot.
Polling is open online and in-store October 8-23, closing at the Annual Meeting.
2016-17 Board of Directors
The Dill Pickle Board of Directors currently meets on the third Wednesday of each month, 6-9pm in the basement of the new store, 2746 N Milwaukee Ave. Meetings are open to all owners who wish to attend as observers.
If you would like to suggest an item for the agenda, or to express your viewpoint on an issue coming before the board, please contact us at email@example.com before the next scheduled meeting. The first 10 minutes of the monthly agenda is open for owner questions and comments.
- The Bylaws of the Dill Pickle Food Co-op set out the terms of co-op ownership, election and duties of the Board of Directors, duties of officers, duties of the General Manager, and meetings of the ownership. This document is set by the Board and changes are approved by a vote of the ownership.
- The Policy Register of the Dill Pickle Food Co-op describes the roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors, and the methods it uses to oversee the co-op. The Board uses the formal system of policy governance to establish a structure for its work.
- The Director Job description outlines qualifications and expectations for individual members of the Board.
- Election Committee: amplifies our ownership’s voice by developing representatives and fostering democratic owner control through an annual elections process. Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policy Committee: chair: email@example.com
- Finance Committee: chair: firstname.lastname@example.org